This Learning event will help teachers to know different app for reading, writing, speaking and listening, and also teaching grammar in the MFL classroom (Learning Event is NOT based on a specific language). It’s main aims are: – Getting to know apps for the aforementioned areas in language learning and learning how to use them effectively when teaching MFL – Creating/generating project ideas on different scales (mini project for one lesson only and team-based sequence of 4 or more lessons) with different apps – Finding partners for future eTwinning projects on teaching languages and/or literature
Theatrical project for 8th graders:
Students choose a fairy tale or a funny story, play and record it. Then we edit the video, join the separate parts of the film and make a video-theater.
Idiom: a manner of speaking that is natural to native speakers of a language
Every language has its own collection of wise sayings. They offer advice about how to live and also transmit some underlying ideas, principles and values of a given culture / society. These sayings are called “idioms” – or proverbs if they are longer. These combinations of words have a “figurative” meaning – they basically work with “pictures”. Read the rest of this entry »
Dear students, today we celebrate the Motherhood and beauty day which is dedicated to women. Please, congratulate your mothers, sisters, grandmothers and teachers, filling in this padlet.
Short-term project-deadline April 25
- Discussion: “What is happiness for me”?
- Reading: “All summer in a day”, Ray Bradburry
- Essay writing: ”All happiness in a day”
- Listening: John Lenon’s song “Imagine”, describe the world as it is described in the song
- Watching a movie
- Summary: “What is happiness for you”-Discussion:
Investigate your home library!
- What children’s book do you have?
- Make a catalog of children’s books, which are in your home library.
- Ask your family members about their favourite books.
- Reading challenge: read a passage from your favourite children’s book in English and offer someone (your friend, classmate, schoolmate or even a teacher) to read a passage from his/her favourite one). Make a video and share it with the challenger.