About the project
“Tales as Tall as Trees” project is a collaborative documentary film in which teachers and pupils from several countries present and search about their countries’ unusual national flowers, trees and plants. These plants usually have distinctive and strange features. The documentary film has five scenes and each scene will be done by pupils’ search about the flowers, trees and plants. As the project will develop, documentary film will be created.
The Project promotes and fosters the development of English language skills in pupils by writing legends about some flowers and applying modern teaching methods.Furthermore, pupils will develop 21st century skills such as: critical thinking, thinking outside the box ,civic skills, and creativity.
It is expected that pupils will
– Apply 5 scenes of the film;
– Form abilities to use web 2.0 tools by using different applications or applying specific educational games;
– develop social, civic and intercultural skills.
– Develop search, creative and critical thinking and the collaborative approach;
– Create a collaborative documentary film ;
– Improve communication in a foreign language (English);
– Develop the spirit of collaboration; and intercultural communication.
The project will last one semester. One by one five scenes will be created during the project. Each scene will present a new task that has to be done by pupils.
The work process will follow the steps below :
⚪ Starting out ;Ice breaking activities;
⚪ e-Safety issues;
⚪ Educational games;
⚪ The five scenes “i.e.The five scenes” each scene presents a new activity is done by the pupils with extra information from the the film which will be created by pupils;
⚪ Evaluation and assessment tools;
⚪ Expressing expectations on the activities and themes;
⚪ Making suggestions by teachers and pupils.
Pupils will create videos,write legends, play games ,design cards, and create logos.
The Final Product includes the online resources as well as the improvement of new skills , competencies and knowledge. Consider the following expected results:
– creating a common product ” Documentary Film” ;
– creating 5 online books, a collaborative dictionary by thingLink tool and creating film;
– raising competences in Communication in foreign language, digital and social skills;
– developing 21st century skills such as: searching and presenting the information ; team work, creativity and critical thinking .
About the project
Through various areas, students will learn about the beauties of their homeland, develop responsible behavior towards the heritage of our ancestors and develop love for the homeland. They will communicate with each other through videoconferencing, develop tolerance and mutual respect for active participation in representing their region and state.
The aim of the project is to expand students’ knowledge about different parts of our homeland and get to know different cultures of other countries. Through socializing with students from different schools from different parts of the Republic of Croatia and other countries, students will get to know the natural and geographical conditions, economy, settlements, natural features and cultural and historical sights of these areas.
The project will be implemented in cooperation with partners from the Republic of Croatia and other countries.
Activities during the project:
1. Symbols of the homeland
2. Cultural and historical sights
3. National parks and nature parks
4. Famous people
5. Forgotten items
6. Distinguishing dictionary
8. Traditional construction
9. Folk costumes
10. Traditional dances
11. Traditional games
12. Old recipes
– recognizes and describes the peculiarities of his homeland and notices the differences between the homeland of the Republic of Croatia and other countries
– describes the role, influence and importance of the historical heritage and natural and social differences of the homeland on the development of national identity,
– learns by observation and research,
– learns independently and through cooperation with others,
– uses original reality and literature as sources of information